There are many benefits TO CO-MANAGE YOUR Secondary transportation WITH A 3PL
Transportation is very labour intensive, requiring trading partners to have almost constant communication with each other. As a shipper, this means you will manage all the dispatch, tracking, payment, audit, scheduling and handling of exceptions with each carrier. While many carriers prefer to work directly with shippers, the amount of workload is often prohibitive. Using a co-managed approach gives businesses the flexibility to maintain their existing relationships with their transporters and customers while offloading customized levels of administrative, planning and execution functions to a 3PL partner.
The first step toward co-management of the logistics function is to adopt a strategic, end-to-end view of your supply chain and its business function within your organization. This process can open your eyes to the potential to improve performance and productivity. With a co-managed approach, companies retain as much or as little control as they want, while reducing costs, improving operating efficiencies, increasing customer satisfaction and driving continuous business growth and improvement.
What are the benefits of this type of approach?
- Streamlines supply chain processes that improve organizational performance
- Simplifies freight payment and audit process so carriers get paid faster
- Eases burden of finding capacity in a tight market
- Offers flexibility for meeting customer demand
- Delivers expertise across all transportation modes and industries
- Eliminates the hassles of day-to-day transportation management, allowing you to focus on your core business
- Enhances decision-making ability that leads to better bottom line results
Building upon the proficiency of a proven partner can expand the range and quality of services you are able to offer your customers, allowing you to position yourself more favourably against competitors. For example, an experienced 3PL partner will be able to help you differentiate by:
- Offering new or more targeted services
- Improving speed and agility to accommodate market demand
- Expanding access into new markets or manufacturing facilities
- Testing and implementing new supply chain models
- Identifying alternate sources and resources
- Gathering and reporting quality metrics
- Sharing valuable insights into industry trends and best practices
A dependable third-party logistics provider permits you to select from individualized service offerings to create – and customize – the ideal transportation program to suit your supply chain goals. Transportation Insight offers a Co-managed Logistics approach that helps clients to reap the benefits of having expert knowledge to support daily operations. Whether businesses want to outsource each part or handle everything themselves, by partnering with NWCC, companies make more informed decisions for their entire operations.